Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Real Winter!

I sit down to write this blog from home since that's where I'm working today due to the inclement weather. It's rather nice to be able to log into work remotely and feel as if you're in the office without actually having to be in the office.

All the snow this winter hasn't bothered me at all, I've rather enjoyed having some white stuff on the ground regularly. The past few winters have not really been winters at all. It's nice to see that global warming hasn't completely taken over yet. The last real winter that I can remember takes me back to the winter of 1996 and the great blizzard. I was in sixth grade. School was closed for an entire week. I can remember this snow storm so clearly, because it was so much fun. Foot upon foot of snow covered the front lawn of my house. There was so much snow, that my brother and I were able to build tunnels throughout the front yard.


I went skiing this past weekend and enjoyed the slopes immensely. I can only imagine that the ski resorts around the Catskills are quite happy this year with the increased amount of natural snowfall. Artificial snow underneath skis just isn't the same. My brief aside is done for the day, I'm going to head back to doing my real job now, check back again soon for some more posts about my general thoughts and interests. And feel free to comment on my posts anytime.

No comments: